Fast and convenient online purchase!
HUB International HKMB is pleased to offer UCC Protect Third Party Event Liability Insurance for groups and individuals holding meetings, events or parties at United Church locations.
In less than 5 minutes you can obtain Third Party Event Liability Insurance for your meeting, event or party through our secure online purchase website using your VISA or Mastercard. Upon acceptance of your credit card information, you will instantly be emailed your proof of insurance (which you may be asked to provide to your host church) and a copy of your policy.
Some restrictions apply for online purchase. Please review the Frequently Asked Questions before proceeding with a purchase.
Frequently asked questions
Why do I need Liability Insurance for my event?
The church at which you wish to hold your event requires all events to have Third Party Event Liability coverage.
How much does it cost?
The cost of coverage is very reasonable and starts as low as $105 for most types of events and $158 for ongoing support or self help group meetings.
- If alcohol is served add $105.00 to the Base Premium.
- If food is served that has been prepared by non-professionals add $53.00.
- If the event is a “children’s event” add $105.00.
- When you purchase coverage for a "one time only" event, your coverage will extend for an additional day after the event date to allow for clean up or tear down or removal of items brought in for the event.
Ongoing support or self help group meetings
|Less than once per month||
|Once per month||
|Twice per month||
|3 to 4 times per month||
Are all United Churches in Canada participating in this insurance program?
No, only churches that are themselves covered by the UCC Protect General Insurance Plan for The United Church of Canada are participating. If your curch has told you about the Third Party Event Liability coverage, then they are most likely participating in this insurance program.
Can I purchase coverage online for any type of event or activity held at a United Church?
No. If you wish to purchase Liability Insurance for Exercise Classes or Sporting Events, or if your event will have more than 250 people attending, or your event includes any of the activities noted below, you must contact HUB HKMB to arrange coverage.
- Fireworks / Bonfires
- Bouncy Castles or Inflateable Playgrounds
- Motorized Activities
- Archery or Shooting
- Amusement Arcades
- Bucking Broncos
- Pub Nights
For what type of meeting, event or party can I purchase coverage online?
- Support or Self Help Group Meetings e.g., Alcoholics Anonymous
- Wedding receptions
- Performances e.g., concerts, plays
- Choir Practices
- Group or Individual Classes e.g., singing or music lessons, but NOT exercise classes
- Community or Fundraising Events e.g., bake sales, rummage sales, quilt shows, scrapbooking
- Birthday Parties
What if my event does not fit in any of those categories?
Please contact HUB HKMB.
What is the coverage provided by the policy?
The coverage for this policy is intended to cover bodily injury and property damage that a third party (i.e., a participant, a church building, etc.) may be subject to, should a loss occur.
- For example, if a birthday party was taking place at a church and a child was injured as a result of the activities taking place during the party, this policy would extend to cover the injured party.
In the same way, if the church where the party is being held were to suffer any property damage as a result of the activities at the party, this policy would also respond.
The limit(s) of coverage afforded, are as follows:
|Products and Completed Operations Aggregate|
|Tenants Legal Liability|
|Medical Payments - per person|
|Bodily Injury and Property Damage|
If we have not answered your question, please contact HUB HKMB.